Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iPad versus the Kindle

Steffie my muse for the day... :D

I just saw an email reminiscing the days we played the Nintendo, and you had to pull out the cartridge to figure out and fix the problem. Seems like all gadgets made today to avoid problems for us, better convenience. The person in the email also talked about dreading the day for whats to come after DVDs. iPad vs. the Kindle is exactly this.

It seems over a blink of an eye that the iPad is making presence in the market after the launch of Kindle. Even though Kindle's price level is half of an iPad, the iPad offers an abundance of entertainment value to this small gadget. In addition to the reading functionality, it can also be used for watching, listening, gaming, browsing, sharing photos, and communicating with friends & family. Over time as prices drop over demand, consumers will begin to evaluate the purchase value of an iPad vs. Kindle. "For the same price, more is better."

It's funny to see all these different gadgets consolidate to one over time. New additions and innovations are also being produced faster than ever. Similarly to the email I read, I dread the day DVDs become obsolete. VHS tapes were introduced in the 70s and remained popular up until the mid-90s. DVDs only lived to be popular for a rough 10 years, before BluRay was introduced. There seems to be a pattern for the lifespan of these new inventions - they're becoming shorter. This really means as a consumer, we need to be more conscious about making a purchase, do the research - make sure it will be a good investment!

Reference: iPad versus Kindle

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's a changing world. I bought a Kindle just over a year ago and I'm not sure that I've ever even read a full book on it. And I might not. Mostly because I never care it with me -- because it doesn't have all the other functions I want -- many of which look to be in the iPad!

    ReplyDelete