Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First meeting - apoc 2010

I was a little surprised that this class entails mostly guest speakers. However, this seems logical to help us gain a general understanding about the industry. John Cole spoke during our first meet about the consolidation of print media companies as most of news content is rapidly growing and converted to digital space. In addition, the increase of broadband users have affected our daily lives. As broadband becomes more common, the cost will decrease and the use of broadband will be similar to that of electricity. Something that intrigued me was that notion that cable television may eventually become obsolete. As we begin to see cable television companies feel threatened by the internet. Eg. Time warner cable promotion, offering cable subscribers free viewing anywhere.

I have also signed up to volunteer for Twiistup coming up end of January. I'm still a little uncertain what or how this will turn out. However from my understanding, this is an tech0 industry conference/social event to give entrepreneurs a chance to shine and promote themselves. This will be interesting and I look forward to this..

No comments:

Post a Comment