Monday, February 22, 2010

Wordpress

I'm using blogspot currently, but I have been examining Wordpress. Wordpress has recently added so many new additions and enhancements to its platform; ie. integration of Google Buzz, proofreads in multiple languages, and new line in mobile apps. These functionalities all have a common goal. Expand audience base and readers via world wide web.

The new Google Buzz plug-in capability enables users to reach out to their google users. It just seems that all the information we share these days is everywhere. It's spreading virally, whether we like it or not, and also through different applications available for us to sync and link content in multiple communities.

Proofreading functionality shows that communication has become more glocalized, which requires for the demand for multiple languages in Wordpress. I'm sure this enhancement will make people around the world happy. I know I often make mistakes when I'm blogging, and thanks to spell checks, I am able to easily spot my mistakes and correct them.

Mobile apps is something we can't forget about today, especially when everyone these days has a small gadget that allows for internet surfing. Mobile devices have only made our addictions to social media and blogging worse. I can't even count with my two hands the number of times I secretly take a peek at my facebook to see if people have interacted on my profile or get updates on what's happening to my friends. Wordpress' mobile application enables users to view daily stats on traffick to their website.

I think it's a good thing that we can easily access information between different websites, but now I am just getting a little overwhelmed by all the information that's coming to me left and right...

No comments:

Post a Comment