Thursday, March 4, 2010

Comparative Shopping Made Easier

oMoby is a new app on the iPhone that enables you to do comparative shopping in real-time, anywhere you go. This application uses Google technology to search for items similar to what you are looking for. Rather by searching for your desired object, simply take a snap shot of the item. oMoby will search for visual objects similar and spit back results based on the visual identification.

I cannot remember the number of times I've gone shopping at Fry's or Best Buy, hoping to buy something. I usually end up standing around wasting time searching for similar products on Woot and all over the web. In the end, I usually end up going home deciding that perhaps I should do some more research. Problems solved. I will test this application out..



In addition to this functionality, oMoby allows you to save your visual searches as well as share visual searches with your friends via Facebook, Twitter and email.

See demo video here

--------------
edit: this is a free application. Unfortunately, it's only available for the 3GS.  booo...


Reference: Omoby: Visual Serach for the iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment